Glossary of Dragon Nest terms go here in alphabetical order.
- ABN/Arch: Archbishop Nest
- Academic: Tinkerer class name used in server that other than NA Server
- ACL: Astral Coven Laboratory - popular grinding spot for lvl 16-24
- Acro: Acrobat
- Agi: Agility. Affects Ranged Physical Damage, Critical Chance and Critical Resist.
- Aggro: Aggravation. Refers to how likely the monster will attack the player. The player with the highest aggro will be the target of the monster's attack.
- Alch: Alchemist
- Auction/Auction House/AH: The Marketplace.
- AoE: Area of Effect. A skill that can hit multiple things at once. Dragon Nest does not use a targeting system, so nearly all attacks can hit more than one monster.
- Apo/Apoc: Apocalypse Nest or items related to the boss.
- Atk: Refers to Physical Damage or an elemental damage multiplier (eg. Fire Attk)
- "B>": "Buying this item here". The Greater Than sign is used as an arrow to point to the item.
- Bag: Inventory.
- BL/Blacklist: A list of skills that players have agreed not to use in 1v1 PvP matches outside of Ladder or Wipeout modes.
- BO: "Best Offer". The highest price a buyer is willing to pay for an item or the highest offer received by a seller during the selling period.
- Boots: General term for all footwear.
- BSD/Domain: Black Sovereign Domain
- Bottom: General term for all lower body equipment (not footwear).
- Build: The way skills are leveled for the character.
- Buff: Positive status effect. Also refers to an increase in a skill's damage or effectiveness.
- Buffer: Character with many Skill Points in Buff skills.
- "10c": "Ten Copper", a "c" at the end of a number signifies Copper, which is a denomination of Dragon Nest's currency.
- Cash Item: Items from the Dragon Vault.
- Cap: A set limit to stats or level. Currently, the level cap is 80.
- CDN/cDN: Chinese Dragon Nest - popular version where many players try out content unreleased in the North American or SEA version.
- Cerb: Cerberus Nest or items related to the boss.
- Ch: Server channel, e.g. 'Ch 1'
- Clean: No Enhancements, Hidden Abilitiess, prefixes or suffixes. Wealthier player often buy clean items to have better control over their upgrades.
- Closing Offer: Buyer's offer that results in an immediate sale. Lower offers may result in negotiation or rejection. Also written as c/o.
- Corrupt: Short for Corrupted. Refers to Titan-related items or drops.
- Crit: Critical rating.
- Crit cap: The maximum critical rate allowed in this game. Currently, it is 89% or 17800 critical at 50 cap.
- Crus: Crusader
- Debuff: Negative status effect.
- Def/Pdef: Physical Defense
- Deso: Desolation Point
- DPS: Damage per Second. Refers to how much damage is done over time, or a class this excels in dealing damage (usually an Elementalist, Engineer, Lunar Knight, or a Warden).
- Duel: 1v1 PvP.
- Dun/Dung: Dungeon.
- FD: Final Damage - a powerful but expensive damage multiplier.
- "10g": "Ten gold". A "g" at the end of a number signifies Gold, which is a currency.
- Glad: Gladiator
- GM: Game Moderator. Also refers to Gear Masters.
- GN: Guardian Nest
- Grinding: A leveling method in which the player runs his/her character though a dungeon repeatedly to gain more EXP. Popular grinding spots include Astral Coven Laboratory (lv 16-24), Black Sovereign Domain (24-32), Desolation Point (32-40), and Ruined Village/Dragon Cultist Base (40-50).
- Less commonly refers to running dungeons to obtain loot to sell or to make equipment.
- Hat/Helm: General term for all headgear.
- HP: Hit Points. Refers to the character's health.
- Imba: Short for imbalanced. Often, but not necessarily interchangeable with "OP". Refers to when a skill/character is too powerful to compete with other skills/characters.
- Int: Intellect. Affects Magic Damage, Magic Defense and Max MP.
- Inv: Inventory.
- KDN/kDN: Korean Dragon Nest
- Manti: Manticores, typically the Manticore Nest boss and its signature drops.
- Matk/Mdmg/Mag: Magic damage.
- Merc: Mercenary
- ML: Short for Moonlord, the name used to refer to Lunar Knight overseas
- Mob: Shorthand for Monster
- Mod: Refers to
- Game modification (Note: Game modifications are currently against the ToS and may be illegal)
- Mdef: Magic defense.
- Mino: Minotaur Nest. Also refers to the creature, Minotaur.
- MP: Mana or Magic Points. Less commonly refers to Magic Power, a weapon suffix.
- MT: Main Tank. Usually a Paladin.
- NADN/DN NA: Dragon Nest North America
- Neck: General term for all necklaces.
- Nerf: Reduction of a skills damage or effectiveness.
- Nesting: Refers to when a player is running a nest for the purpose of obtaining crafting materials to either make equipment for self or for profit.
- NONR: "No Offer No Reply". Seller will reject any message or trade that doesn't immediately offer a buying price. Usually used when selling high demand items.
- NPC: Non Player Character.
- NX: The cash currency used in the North American version of Dragon Nest. Derived from the publisher's name; Nexon.
- OBO: "Or Best Offer". Tells a buyer that this person is willing to negotiate the price.
- Offhand: Refers to the secondary weapon.
- OP: Overpowered. Used to describe skills that gives the caster a greater advantage over their opponent.
- Pala/Pally: Paladin
- Patk/Pdmg/Phys: Physical Damage.
- Phys also refers to the Physician class.
- PKN: Professor K Nest
- PM: Private Message, i.e. Whisper ('/w')
- Potential: Hidden Abilities.
- Proc: A crafted weapon's Equip Ability
- PvE/PvM: Player vs Environment/Monster. Refers to when the player is fighting against AI-controlled monsters.
- PvP: Player vs Player. Refers to when the player is fighting against another human-controlled player.
- Questing: A leveling method in which a player uses quests to gain EXP. Slower than grinding, but allows the player to enjoy the storyline and obtain more items.
- "R>":"Recruiting for this guild". Used to find members to join a guild. The Greater Than sign is used as an arrow.
- Raid: Eight member party that can be formed under certain circumstances. Currently only used for the Sea Dragon Nest.
- Res: Resistance.
- Rez: Resurrection using Life Stones or Resurrection Scrolls. The latter use is more common as players usually do not inform others when resurrecting themselves.
- Runner: Term used by Black Sovereign Assembly grinding parties, referring to characters who can rush ahead of the party to kill drummers before they trigger map changes. Usually a Warrior or Acrobat. Also refers to a player who refuses to fight an opponent in a PvP match.
- Rush: First-come-first-serve basis, typically without negotiation.
- RV: Ruined Village
- "10s": 1. "Ten Silver". A "s" and the end of a number signifies Silver, which is a currency. 2 "Ten Seconds".
- "S>": "Selling this item here". The Greater Than sign is used as an arrow to point to the item.
- SEA/DNSEA: South East Asia Dragon Nest
- SM: Swordsman (Sword Master for servers that other than NA and EU Server)
- SS: Refers to:
- Sorc: Sorceress
- Stack: Maximum number of an item that can fit in a single inventory slot. Active traders usually sell consumables in stacks.
- Str: Strength. Affects Melee Physical Damage, Paralyze Chance, Paralyze Resist and Stun Chance.
- Suffix: Refers to the craft an equipment has (eg. Ancient Totem Axe (Windswept)). This modifies stats an equipment has. It can be reverted using a Suffix Revert Cube.
- Suffix 2/Suffix II: Refers to an additional suffix added to suffixed equipment (eg. Ancient Totem Axe (Wind II)). Consequently, the original suffix is called Suffix 1/Suffix I
- T3: The previous skill system used in NADN and SEA until August 2012.
- T4: The current skill system in place since August 2012.
- Tank: The party member who holds aggro from monsters. Usually a Paladin, but a Mercenary can also fill in for this role.
- Tink: Tinkerer
- TKN: Typhoon Krag Nest
- Top: General term for all upper body equipment.
- Totem: Short for Ancient Totem. Refers to Archbishop-related items or drops.
- Vit: Vitality. Affects Physical Defense, Stun Resist and Max HP.
- VOM: Valley of Mourning Popular grinding spot for Lv. 9/10-16
- "WTB>": Willing to Buy. Alternative form of "B>"
- "WTS>": Willing to Sell. Alternative form of "S>"
- Weap: Weapon.
- WW: Windwalker