- His throwing axes targets the player with the highest threat who is not in melee (if applicable).
- That person must run to avoid getting hit and also to run away from party members.
- Alternatively, if there is a Paladin in the party, he can move at range, cast Provoke, Stance of Faith, and turtle the axes.
- Jump to avoid stomp.
- Ummanba's self buff has a significant casting time. This is the best time to unload everything.
- If there is a Mercenary in the party, he can use Enervating Howl to remove Ummanba's self buff.
- Unlike higher level Nest Bosses Ummanba cannot break Iron Skin.
- Fluffaloes continue to stampede during the battle, so watch out for them.
- Barrage of throwing axes. Explodes on impact.
- Flame stampede (can cause burn).
- Horizontal axe swing. Sometimes creates horizontal sword beam.
- Downward axe chop. Creates four sword beams at point on impact.
- Nudge with head of axe, causes stun.
- Stomp, causes reduced action and movement speed debuff.
- Howl attack, pushes targets back and causes silence, preventing use of skills.
- Self buff, turning red and increases attack damage. Short casting time.
- Self buff, turning red and increases attack damage, action speed, movement speed and reduces damage taken. Long casting time.