I put something up on Lily's talk page a while ago, before I went through NPC pages adding updated descriptions and the likes.
"In regards to "Her mother's name is Clara, and her father's is Leon", is this really true? I was pretty sure that Rose wasn't Lily's real sister-- Rose was brought to Harold by her birth parents, Clara and Leon, during the ... Siege of Carderock or something, while Lily is Harold's actual grandchild."
Yes, they're important, and I would have left it there if this was answered (it wasn't). If I was wrong, go ahead and add it again. →Solidustalk 02:28, 26 August 2011 (UTC)
- MMkay, just got to that point in the story myself. Yeah you're right, it's possible Rose and Lily aren't sisters, though personally I think that's still the most possible situation, since their "naming schemes" are the same, and there's no mention of whether Lily wasn't born to Clara and Leon too. (Or of mention whether Harold is Leon's or Clara's father or not.) All the same though, since it's neither confirmed nor denied, I'll leave that tidbit alone for now. AKAAkira 23:48, 20 September 2011 (UTC)
Can I ask why you are blocking all the ip's? There is a reason we don't set most abuse filters to block, for one thing, most of those addresses are proxies, so whoever was using it today is not going to be the same person using it tomorrow. Blocking them really only has the potential to block a legitimate edit. There are valid reasons for users to use proxies (editing from work or school) so throwing a lot of blocks on IP addresses is not really going to do anything about spam. --Wynthyst 07:51, 12 December 2011 (UTC)
- The abuse filter seems to be dealing with all those stupid one liners. :D --Wynthyst 23:56, 13 December 2011 (UTC)
RE: Hiya[edit source]
I check up on the site every once in a while still. Today just happened to be one of those days, haha. In regards to the icons, I don't know where they came from -- you'd have to ask utai. Also, my user page thing? Do you mean the message from Tesla? I can't think of anything very productive to say. I'll probably respond to it some other time.. super lazy me.
- Ah, just relocated the message to my talk page. I've been busy with school and stuff lately, but I'm always here to respond to messages on my talk page and to delete spam. :D 〜Celadontalk 17:11, 2 January 2012 (UTC)
Re: Shoes[edit source]
I would suggest classifying them as Footwear. From what I've seen, 'Shoes' are Cleric gears, 'Boots' are Warrior gears, 'Booties' are Archer gears, and 'Heels' are Sorceress gears.
- -Superhbman 03:42, 6 January 2012 (UTC)
- (Was typing up a near essay before I realized most of it was irrelevant. -.-)
- If you're commenting about the Shoes vs Footwear thing, the main point is that the game itself lists the type as "Shoes", not "Footwear" (or "Booties" or "Heels"). If we wanted to make it easier for new editors, as well as keep it consistent to the game's categorization, "Shoes" would be better than "Footwear".
- If you're commenting about a cover-all name vs individual names thing...well, I agree now, a cover-all would probably be better. I was initially thinking of it because the weapons categories were split into their own weapon names, and not "primary weapon" or "secondary weapon" (on the front page anyways), and because it may have been easier for people to search if there were a variety of keywords to hit. (But the second point is redundant now since
one apparantly can't search categories from the searchboxoh whoops, apparently one can search for categories. Regardless, no redirect showed up, so yeah, it's still useless, better to go with "Shoes" or "Footwear".) -Akira 05:21, 6 January 2012 (UTC)
This icon for me File:Item Icon 0207.png is what Item Protection Jelly looks like in game.
I'm not sure if it has been changed or something, the icon already with that name has a yellow bowl () which I haven't seen with this item. Regardless, the icon i found is unnamed, maybe you can rename it to be File:Item Protection Jelly 01.png or similar?
Elbit 22:34, 11 February 2012 (UTC)
- Oh and, for some reason, when you search (in multimedia) for Jelly, or Item protection, the currently named picture doesn't even come up as a result! Which is what lead me on my browsing through the unnamed icons in the first place. Elbit 22:39, 11 February 2012 (UTC)
Re: Hiya and Erm..[edit source]
Well on that dragon vault wand thing I just put something in it so that someone would be able to go somewhere. I'll just let people know it need LOTS of more information.
Re #1: Sorry, I forget, i don't edit alot of Wikis. --JediMasterOW 20:54, 8 March 2012 (UTC)JediMasterOW
Thanks for the correction on Superhbman's talk page -- I totally forgot how those external links worked while typing that message, haha. Just thought I'd say hi since you said hi to me! How have you been? Have you been treating our baby Dragon Nest Wiki well? Kept it well-fed and clean? :> 〜Celadontalk 23:02, 21 June 2012 (UTC)
- I'm so glad the baby's growing up well. I'm certain he'll grow up to be a wonderful databasemanthing under your guidance and with User:Superhbman's excellent food-finding skills. As for me, I've been busy figuring out courses for next year and stuff -- boring things, really. I'll drop by every once in a while to check up on the baby. Take care! 〜Celadontalk 01:20, 22 June 2012 (UTC)
Hey Akira i feel like were missing swords in the list. Are we cuz i cant tell. -BlazingSkye
- We should be missing quite a bit. Before your edits, the last added sword that was entirely new was made in Sept 2011. I heavily doubt Dragon Nest didn't get new swords since then. The road to completion is a long one... -Akira 07:01, 5 August 2012 (UTC)
If anyone on these wikis are in the world of Argenta then please feel free to add me. My character's name are BlazingSky and the other is BlazingSkye. Dont forget the "e". Thank You. -BlazingSkye
Upcoming content[edit source]
Hi! I have been given the chance to preview the upcoming patch. I'd like to discuss how to add some of the information. --Wynthyst 16:48, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
Thank you![edit source]
Curse would like to recognize the work and dedication of the wiki community administrators with a token of our thanks. To do that, we need mailing information. If you would like to participate, and receive our thank you gift email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your username, and real world mailing information. --Wynthyst 16:20, 20 October 2012 (UTC)
Hit Properites / Team[edit source]
Zeplic here, avid pvper and information Gatherer. I'd like to talk to you on Skype IM, or a more convenient form of communication about really getting this wiki up to date. I have a team that could help
I have a few questions i feel like are important
Also, I am especially interested in the Hit Properties page if nothing else, what are the odds of that getting updated
Apple Juice fixes[edit source]
Many thanks for changing the way the images were linking! I absolutely could not figure out how to do that. The "random space" where the image and name are has confounded me as well. I spent a lot of time trying to tweak the table but to no avail... :( work has picked up a bit, and I won't be able to do much in the near future, but eventually would like to expand on the cooking section using the Apple Juice template. Thanks again!!
p.s. Now I see what you meant about the Fish template not really being a template.
Tips and Tricks for Image Standardization?[edit source]
I very much like a lot of the pre-existing ways that images have been rendered, but have been unable to recreate the look in a simple and straightforward fashion. I was wondering if you had any tips and tricks on how to accomplish this? Several examples:
-Old images of Items (for example ) don't have the image border, the number in the lower right, and have a black background that fades; however the images I upload (for example ) the image still has the border, number, etc. causing the way the image displays within the Item template to have a weird double border. To recreate what has been done, do you basically go into MS paint and erasing the unwanted portions? how does the background not appear faded on the actual item page?
-Maps: town maps (example Saint's Haven ) look really cool; I'd like to upload images of the field maps, but they would basically be screen captures of the map from in-game; not sure how you guys have achieved the look of the town maps.
-Monsters/NPC/etc. pictures - (example Irine ) when acquiring from screenshots, how have you guys managed to eliminate the background and just have the picture of the character/monster?
-Boss images: not sure how to get the fade going on in the right-most portion of the image.
I think that's everything! for now... (p.s. any chance of adding Lotus Marsh to the World of Altera map?)