Wow, thanks for all the contributions!
Was fun. Apologies for messing up the class template on my first day though, first time editing a wiki.
- - Superhbman, 23 September 2011
I want to write about the Dragon Raid and Carderock Resistance. What are the NA terms for the 2 wars and what category should it go under?
- - Superhbman, 7 November 2011
- From what I can tell, the Dragon Raid is the fight with the Black Dragon 50 years ago. The Siege of Carderock is when the monster forces assaulted the town. As for a category... I would say World of Altera, but it's set up to be a Map category. I hope that does help a bit. And also hello =P --Ragen 06:29, 7 November 2011 (UTC)
Thank you. :D :- Superhbman, 8 November 2011
I believe we are using the description field in the skill template to display the in game descriptions. While the changes you made the the description of Charitable Zap are definitely informative, they should probably be put under details instead since that section is were we put player observations/clarifications of how a skill functions. I'll move it around, but I thought I would let you know why.
Understood. And you're welcome. :D :- Superhbman, 3 December 2011
So, since I didn't greet you earlier, I'm doing that now. I'm AKAAkira, you can just call me Akira. Nice to meet you. And I gotta say, I'm glad you've come back this month, have you ever checked how empty the Recent Changes page was during your intermission?
I've one thing to ask, though - what do you usually feel about spoilers? You've got loads of good stuff on the characters and the storyline. Do you think all the information you've got is worth hiding for the first-time viewers?
Thanks for all the contributions you've made so far~ AKAAkira 08:05, 3 December 2011 (UTC)
Hello. You're welcome. Yea, I admit I visited the Recent Changes occasionally without logging on and I watch as the page fills up with new account creation logs. I took time out to farm Onyxes for upgrades and to level an Elementalist to get screenshots and to refresh on the storyline.
I'm not sure about having spoilers because WoWPedia doesn't use it either. But feel free to discuss the matter with the higher-ups. I'll just say I understand and agree with both positions. Not using spoilers would align with WoWPedia, using spoilers because the story is revealed as the game progresses.
Superhbman, 3 December 2011.
Just a quick question, is Gerrant also called Geraint in-game? I was going to move your "Geraint" pictures 'cause I didn't like a possible misnomer, but seeing you redirected "Geraint" to Gerrant, if he's been called Geraint then I think it would be okay. AKAAkira 05:31, 5 December 2011 (UTC)
He's called Geraint in DN SEA, among other other things like Onyx is Agate and all the dungeons have different names. Kind of used to calling him Geraint and I thought it sounded better. You can move it, I don't mind. Superhbman, 5 December 2011.
Thank you for doing the first round of that. (And talk about bad timing, I was about to do an exam when I first checked back on the site. x.x) Keep up the good work! (No pressure, haha.) AKAAkira 17:21, 10 December 2011 (UTC)
You're welcome. Was sort of fun. I wonder what event started all this. Superhbman, 11 December 2011
Sorry, sorry, sorry...
About blocking you for a moment there. x.x My fingers getting trigger happy! Dang it!
Yeah, next time I'll just actually take a moment to see who I'm blocking -.-' Again, sorry 'bout that. AKAAkira 19:14, 10 December 2011 (UTC)
It's okay, didn't notice. Was running Cerberus Nest. :X Superhbman, 11 December 2011
'Cause it didn't look like you found them yet, and this tends to make things easier, so:
- Inputting "[[Poochum]]s", for example, does the exact same thing as inputting "[[Poochum|Poochums]]"
- Four tildes (~~~~) auto-signs your signature, and date, and Greenwhich (I think) Mean Time
- Capitals don't matter for the first letter - for example, "[[archer]]" would be the same as "[[Archer|archer]]"
Very impressive job with all the new info, by the way. ^^ Thank you for all of your contributions! Hope you had a Merry Christmas! -Akira 07:38, 27 December 2011 (UTC)
Oo, didn't know that, thank you. And thanks for doing the gears.
- - Superhbman 09:42, 30 December 2011 (UTC)
- No problem. Though those gears were screenshots from the last time I played, so they're kinda running out, whoops. Better head back in the game, heh. -Akira 16:53, 30 December 2011 (UTC)
Meh, forgot to log in when I did Chapter 5 Guardian Gerrant. :/
- If you want, I could roll-back the page and then you can add the edit under your account. 〜Celadontalk 00:03, 1 January 2012 (UTC)
Okay, thanks. :X And haven't seen you in a while.
- Reverted your edit. User:Celadon/Sandbox/Temp_Dump has all the code from the page. Just copy and paste it in. 〜Celadontalk 17:14, 2 January 2012 (UTC)
Okay, done. Thank you. :D
...Something just occured to me as I was mass-moving.
I know for sure that in-game for NA DN, "Leggings" should be "Leg Armors" and "Footwear" should be "Shoes".
Except, what about DN SEA? Do SEA call them "Leggins" or "Footwear"? If so, I'll probably leave redirects. -Akira 03:22, 30 January 2012 (UTC)
The pants are categorised as Lower Body, shoes are Shoes. Also, hats are Helms, body armours are Upper Body.
Superhbman 03:29, 30 January 2012 (UTC)
- Oh, okay, thanks. -Akira 03:33, 30 January 2012 (UTC)
Alchemist skill table
I want to write up the Alchemist page but I don't know how to make the skill table.
Here's the Alchemist table for reference: http://img2.mmo.mmo4arab.com/newforum/upload//2012/01/17/1326788562522.jpg
- Superhbman 14 May 2012
- Ah, saw this dreaded day coming for a long while now. -.-'
- I'm pretty sure the skill table was made on an external program like Photoshop. The original person who made it doesn't hang around here anymore, but I can probably build the actual table itself using Paint.NET and taking bits and pieces from the existing pictures. The problem is the header, though. I've no idea what the font is. I guess it might work without it, though...
- Awesome job on the new skills! Between the two of us, it's pretty clear who's really going to give David the "Knowledgeable" a run for his money. ^^' -Akira 02:59, 15 May 2012 (UTC)
Judgement day, heh.
I've grabbed the skill icons from the game files, but I haven't learned to use Photoshop and stuff. The problem for me is to insert the skill icon into the frame because the frame has like an effect that makes it look like its behind a curved glass. Also, the background colour of the icons are black instead of transparent that this site use. I have no idea how to do the background of the table too.
Thank you, I want to prep the site before the release of Academics in DN NA.
- Superhbman, 15 May 2012
- The skill table is..."finished"...though if it's too unsatisfactory, I'd understand if you don't want to use it.
- As for the skill icons, getting them in frames should be easier...theoretically. The black background color isn't significant, in my opinion, but even then the black could (probably) easily be replaced with transparency.
- One last thing, forgot to mention it last time - the videos you've linked with the alchemist skills are, uh, "private", apparently. They don't show up for me, at least. -Akira 19:50, 15 May 2012 (UTC)
The table looks great.
Can you do the icons too? Or I could upload the raw files for you.
I just changed the vids to unlisted. I'm not too familiar with Youtube stuff. >_<
- Superhbman, 16 May 2012
- Yes, please upload the raw files first. I'll see what I can do with them. -Akira 22:32, 15 May 2012 (UTC)
The bottom 3 rows are the Alchemist, Adept, and Physician spells, as well as the Cocktail at the end of the 4th row.
- Superhbman 16 May 2012
- Got the Cocktail icon up first. I'm not gonna be able to do it as prettily as Utai did, but it appears good enough for presentation.
- Can you tell me which of the icons in the table belong which skill? Just so I don't have to upload them, then move them right after. -Akira 07:38, 19 May 2012 (UTC)
The icon looks good.
Referring to the icon list, the last spell on the 5th row is C2H5OH. The bottom row from the left are Magma Punch EX, Ice Beam, Love Virus, Injector EX, and Healing Rain.
- Superhbman 19 May 2012
- Got the immediate skill icons done. Like I said before, they should be good enough for presentation, though some of them are a bit winceworthy (specifically Eureka and Hypnosis, and probably the Alchemy-Element-thing, too). I'm probably going to reupload them later, after I get a lot more proficient in the program I use.
- Do you want to do the skill table, or shall I? -Akira 05:03, 21 May 2012 (UTC)
Great job. I'd like to try making the table.
- Superhbman, 22 May 2012
Class icons: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hqv873e6nlgf7q5
I'm not sure, but I think from left to right: Engineer, Shooting Star, Gear Master, Alchemist, Adept, and Physician.
- Superhbman, 15 June 2012
- Oh, sweet, thanks! Ehehe, I probably should've looked around more... ^^' -Akira 07:45, 16 June 2012 (UTC)
Celadon's Page Invasion
It's been awhile. I can't access the link. :<
- Superhbman, 22 June 2012
- Fixed the link. (Don't need a pipe on external links.) Hiya Celadon! -Akira 20:47, 21 June 2012 (UTC)
Ah thanks. I'll get back to this once I've confirmed my e-mail address.
- Superhbman, 22 June 2012
- Ooh, I totally forgot about how external links worked, haha. 〜Celadontalk 22:56, 21 June 2012 (UTC)
Kali skill icons: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jo4ginhobtetiv2
New class icons: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?10v4ek5hnf15i1b
Skill trees: http://dn.mmosite.com/tool/skilltree4.shtml
Refer to DNArmory's skill calculator for the class icons: http://dnarmory.com/
Dont know the Kali (blue) ones, but the trend suggests Screamer, Soul Eater, Dark Summoner, the last 3 at the bottom right.
And most of the skill trees have changed too.
Updated skill icons with lvl 60 EX skills
Requesting help and announcing break
Currently uploading videos for Kali and EX skills, and preview videos for each class. Requesting help to change the class template to add a section to show the preview video.
Also, the Kali class was recently released for SEA but I would like to give my time to something else, so I'm announcing my (probably) permanent break from Dragon Nest. I will still update my client and extract files though. That's all I can say for now.
- Done. Well, I more or less just stole from the skill page template. Apparently we have a template for youtube vids. But done, and it should show up beneath the class's picture.
- And understood. Really, thank you for everything you've done for the wiki, Superhbman. I'll try my best to hold down the fort in your place.
- ...Wow, I really need to work on sounding more confident. -Akira 10:29, 11 April 2013 (UTC)