I was wondering if it is possible for you to make a rule in the abuse filter to disallow user creation if an IP that has more than, let's say, 4 accounts, or something something like that. I think the current filter for user creation is pretty weak, even though it may block some. I'd do this myself but it seems a bit complex :p → Nedigo talk ― 17:31, 2 November 2011 (UTC)
- As far as I know, the abuse filter cannot identify IP addresses.... so no. --Wynthyst 17:39, 2 November 2011 (UTC)
Ack...okay, thanks for telling me that. I've no excuse except that I'm a relatively new administrator...but I have been double-checking all the edits done by the proxies to make sure I'm not blocking someone legit, like some of the anonymous users who's been helping revert the vandalism. And I've set most of them at two weeks, so they'll wear off sooner or later.
I don't suppose you have a better way, then? 'Cause I can't think up of anything besides temporarily blocking the proxies so that they can't exploit them multiple times. I was also about to suggest to Bumble that there be an additional confirmation screen when removing significant amount of information, since most of the vandalism done seems to be removing tons of info and then putting in one-liners. Of course, I'm really not experienced in programming, so I don't know if that would affect the spam-bots much. AKAAkira 08:17, 12 December 2011 (UTC)
- I implemented a new abuse filter for you that should stop those issues. You can usually find me in the IRC room during the week at least if you ever wish to talk about this stuff, or if you are having immediate difficulties :D --Wynthyst 08:19, 12 December 2011 (UTC)
- Oh, okay, thanks! Yeah, I'll come to you if there's another surge of vandalism like this time. (Though...there goes that effort into compiling a report for Bumble, haha.) AKAAkira 08:23, 12 December 2011 (UTC)
- It is! Pretty cool! This reminds me of those manga scenes where someone's losing against a strong enemy before the main character makes a ninja entrance and OHKOs the opponent. ^^ Again, thanks! Akira 04:40, 14 December 2011 (UTC)
- Incidentally, whatever was just changed a day or so ago seems to have permitted a couple of Spam postings to /index.php. FYI. Niet3sche Talk 15:59, 29 February 2012 (UTC)
- The only thing I changed was I removed the blocking on one of the abuse filters since it was blocking mostly IP addresses, it still disallows the edits though so I don't see how it could be permitting those posts. --Wynthyst 16:03, 29 February 2012 (UTC)
- I did not unblock anything, simply changed the rule so it doesn't block, just disallows. There are valid reasons a legitimate editor might have for using a proxy service, so we are trying to minimize the number of infinite IP blocks. Since specifying the length of the Abuse Filter blocks is only possible from within the configuration, it's better for us to simply use the filters to disallow the edits, and leave it to the community admins to block the necessary offenders (Preferrably only registered accounts). --Wynthyst 16:11, 29 February 2012 (UTC)
Sure! Tell me how and I'll help out any way I can. -Akira 04:46, 19 October 2012 (UTC)
- I need your help to make some alterations to some of your templates. The one I'm looking at currently is Template:Item Here is an example image File:Item example.png... Can you add the "Required Items" section above the Sell Price in the template? I looked at it, and it gave me a headache. --Wynthyst 17:25, 19 October 2012 (UTC)
Hey Wynthyst, this is AKAAkira. By this point I thought I should definitely get help now, so here goes.
There seems to be a problem with my account - when I try to log in, I get taken to the Special:CurseUserMerge page where it tells me there's a potential naming conflict and asks me to either choose a new Username or merge with an account already on the Gamepedia thing. I thought my account had already migrated there, so I tried that choice first, but apparently "either the UserID or the password is incorrect", which I have no idea what's up with - I don't think I've yet changed passwords on my account. After a few retries (no change), I tried the other option - changing my Username. But then: "Sorry, there was a problem merging your account into our central database. Please try again later or contact an administrator for assistance."
That was on May 1st. Tried again for a few days, and it doesn't look like trying again later would make the problem go away.
So, uh...yeah. May I ask for some assistance?
(In case it's related, there seems to be a problem with logging into my account on Vindictus Wiki, too. Only, that one just says "Incorrect password", even when I've never changed passwords on that account either.)
-184.108.40.206 21:59, 6 May 2013 (UTC) (AKAAkira)
- It sounds like this is a problem of you not remembering your Curse account password. (or at least the system telling you that) You might want to try going to Curse.com itself and see if you can't reset the password directly. Once you are secure in what your Curse.com credentials are, it should make it easier to follow the user merge. If you haven't been able to resolve this within 18 hrs or so, let me know, and I will let the guys know they need to take a look at it specifically when they get to the office tomorrow. --Wynthyst (talk) 23:31, 6 May 2013 (UTC)
- Okay, yup, fixed.
- And what's rather mortifying is that immediately afterward. I found an e-mail on my inbox from Vindictus Wiki's migration that said "For security reasons, your password must be reset", which explained why my password didn't work... I guess I didn't read it since it's been a while since I've been over there... Argh.
- Anyway, thank you for the help. -Akira (talk) 22:12, 7 May 2013 (UTC)
Sorry to bother you again so soon Wynthyst, but I just realized something else - all the images with a "+" in their page title don't show up anymore. (See: Ice Witch/Skill Table, Pyromancer/Skill Table, Chaos Mage/Skill Table, War Mage/Skill Table. Comparatively, Sorceress/Skill Table, Elementalist/Skill Table, and Mystic/Skill Table all seem to be fine. The "+ sign only" patten seems to hold for all other pages.) Can you find out what's up with that? Would this be a simple problem to fix or should I start making workarounds?
- Yes, for some reason, MediaWiki seems to be stripping
alignattributes before sending code to the browser now, among some other things like certain CSS backgrounds and such. The CSS backgrounds make sense since there is a potential security issue there, but I don't really know why align is being stripped. OOeyes (talk) 17:26, 8 May 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry I didn't get to this earlier AKAAkira. I'm having our team look into the image issue now. --Wynthyst (talk) 16:33, 21 May 2013 (UTC)